Celebrating the city’s best educators.
Honorees since inception.
Awarded since 2010.
Giving educators the recognition they deserve.
Since 2010, Standing Ovation has brought together thousands of DC’s business leaders, philanthropic champions, education partners, and civic leaders to honor the achievements of DCPS’ top teachers, leaders, and school communities. This star-studded awards ceremony plays a critical role in elevating the teaching profession and celebrating proven solutions for urban education.
Resilience in the face of uncertainty.
Educators and staff members continue to show up in incredible ways for students across DC—working through a pandemic and in a virtual environment to produce exceptional outcomes. 2021 awardees included educators, staff, leaders, and school communities who helped students Thrive in a Year of Change.
Instructing During a Year of Change
Award for Teachers
- Travis Bouldin, World History Instructor, Ron Brown High School
- Kyra Dolison, Kindergarten Teacher, Randle Highlands Elementary School
- Alisa Halliburton, Special Education CES Middle School teacher, Cardozo Education Campus
- Jonte Lee, Science Teacher, Coolidge High School
- Angela Refuerzo-Tababan, Special Education Teacher, River Terrace Education Campus
Connecting During a Year of Change
Award for School Staff
- Dedra Adams-Johnson, Director Strategy and Logistics, Roosevelt STAY
- Edwin Boddie, Manager Strategy and Logistics, Langdon Elementary School
- Pankaj Rayamajhi, Director Strategy and Logistics, Columbia Heights Education Campus
- Jasmine Smith, ECE Partner Teacher, Turner Elementary School
- Corey Totress, Twilight / Pathways Coordinator, Eastern High School
Leading During a Year of Change
Award for School Leaders
- Latoya Asaya, Assistant Principal, Excel Academy
- Shawna Dix, Assistant Principal, Hardy Middle School
- Shenora Plenty, Principal, Wheatley Education Campus
- Sundai Riggins, Principal, Hendley Elementary School
- Megan Vroman, Principal, Ida B. Wells MS
Engaging Families During a Year of Change
Award for Schools
- Browne Education Campus
- Dunbar High School
- Kramer Middle School
Supporting Schools During a Year of Change
Award for Central Office Employees
- Veronica Alvarado, Manager, Teacher Recruitment & Pipelines, Office of School Improvement and Supports
- Bianca Bennett, Manager, Global Studies, Office of Teaching and Learning
- Tara Cheston, Specialist, LGBTQ and Sexual Health Program, Office of Teaching and Learning
- Jennifer Fuller, Manager, Curricular Innovation, Office of Teaching and Learning
- Jerry Ilar, Public Events & Engagement Coordinator, Communications and Engagement Office
Amalie and Bill Reichblum
Andrew & Julie Klingenstein Family Fund
College Success Foundation
Horning Family Fund
Kevin Downey and Michele Jolin
Lois & Richard England Family Foundation
Lori and Benjamin Soto